Eyeballthecharts

This forum is for the time being just for a small private group of traders

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Eyeballthecharts

This forum is for the time being just for a small private group of traders

Eyeballthecharts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eyeballthecharts

A small group of traders with big ideas

2 posters

RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*

fxtrades

RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*   Empty RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*

Post  fxtrades Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Reason for trade: Retrace back to strong looking S/R level, daily pin back to resistance. Following the breakout from the ascending triangle and now a pull back, this looks ripe for a trend continuation, I hope...

Entry: 285

Stop: 271

1st Target: 298

Will see how this goes...

Can't seem to upload the chart at the moment, will post later.

Last edited by fxtrades on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    fxtrades

RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*   Empty Re: RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*

Post  fxtrades Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:17 am

Trade now open for a couple of days. Price moving in the right direction, although by no means a certainty yet. Stop remains at original level.

Need to look at entry criteria further as I entered on break of pin which is +3 points at present, however taking a more aggressive entry nearer the SR level would have already yielded +10 points.

RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*   Rsl-0110
    fxtrades

RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*   Empty Re: RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*

Post  fxtrades Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:09 pm

RSL was pretty static for a few days, but a great 3%+ rise today made for a good finish to the week. Still 100% of the position open on this and stop still at 271.

RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*   Rsl-0510
    fxtrades

Post  fxtrades Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Following a doji candle yesterday and adhering to not letting a winning trade turn to a losing trade I've decided to close 50% of the trade at 0.3 R:R and move the stop to previous daily low at 275.4.

fxtrades

Post  fxtrades Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:09 pm

As I'm shooting for a top, all being well I'll trail this on the daily pivot lows and move stop to 282.8 after today's session giving my a just over break even position.
    fxtrades

Post  fxtrades Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Ok, about time I put this one to bed...

Chart below.

As I'm shooting for a top, all being well I'll trail this on the daily pivot lows and move stop to 282.8 after today's session giving my a just over break even position.

I wasn't able to manage my trade for a day or so and missed the chance to do this and it cost me. Not a massive loser but a loser none the less.

Trade stopped out for -0.3 R:R

RSL (Resolution) - BUY *Trade Closed -0.3 R:R*   Rsl-2010

Wig
    Wig

Post  Wig Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:38 pm

considering this didn't really move much, I'd say its a big result to get out at -0.3 instead of -1.0

definite positives to take from your trade management I'd say, this is an important tool in the arsenal I believe, knowing when to cut/reduce your losses, as important as if not more than letting the winners run as they say!

nice one
    Wig

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm