Eyeballthecharts

This forum is for the time being just for a small private group of traders

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Eyeballthecharts

This forum is for the time being just for a small private group of traders

Eyeballthecharts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eyeballthecharts

A small group of traders with big ideas

2 posters

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*

fxtrades

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Empty SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*

Post  fxtrades Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:04 am

Ok, I'll start by saying I really shouldn't attempt this trade as I'm trying to catch a top with no good previous SR as reference, but it does at least have some good features Smile

Reason for trade: Sharp price rise over last couple of days, good looking pin bar, turning 3,2,2 stochastic and MACD divergence.

Entry: 279.6
    Stop: 295
    1st Target: 1:1 R:R

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Spd-0110

Last edited by fxtrades on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    fxtrades

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Empty Re: SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*

Post  fxtrades Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Well, on the plus side it looks like I managed to catch the top, however still waiting for price to make a major move down. The wait continues....

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Spd-0510
    fxtrades

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Empty Re: SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*

Post  fxtrades Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Leaving this to run as is, however just taken a look at this on IGCharts and am shocked at the difference in look to PRT, I'll post what I'm seeing when I have a few mins as having looked at it for 5 mins or so I'm baffled! I assumed PRT and IG daily charts should look roughly the same... that said having seen Wig's spike the other day, perhaps not!!
    Wig
    Wig

Post  Wig Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:16 am

strange indeed... Suspect

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    A_grap23

no pin at all on finspreads just to chuck that into the mix
    cheers
    fxtrades

Post  fxtrades Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Here's what I see on IGCharts, I can safely say that I would not be in this trade based on the Finspreads or IGCharts!

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Spd-1010
    fxtrades

Post  fxtrades Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 am

Well this turned out to be one big mess in the end!

Firstly having entered the trade I realised that no 2 charts could agree on what the price chart actually looked like for SPD, some showing a pin bar and nice run up and others printing a chart that you wouldn't even entertain!

After which I identified a need to bring my stop in, however then had no internet for a while and was therefore unable to do this, after which I missed the chance.

Anyway to cut a long story short, bad entry, bad management and given these two factors a -1.0 RRP loss.

Chart (on which I took the trade) shows break of pin where I was stopped out.

SPD (Sports Direct) - SELL *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Spd-0610

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:37 am