Eyeballthecharts

This forum is for the time being just for a small private group of traders

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Eyeballthecharts

This forum is for the time being just for a small private group of traders

Eyeballthecharts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eyeballthecharts

A small group of traders with big ideas

3 posters

My trading plan EOD PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

matk

My trading plan  EOD PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER   Empty My trading plan EOD PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

Post  matk Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi Chaps

Some time ago I took 3 months off from trading, no charts, no books, no trading . Essentially I needed a break, I had learned a lot but had
    failed to put together what I knew, in a consistent trading plan and trade execution.

Over a month ago I started to read trading books , I was looking for powerfull entry reversal signals. I came to realize that 2-3 day signals where more
    powerfull than a one day pin bar for example. I am keen on bullish/bearinsh engulfing patterns and morning and evening 3 day reversal patterns.

However using pro real time to find these signals , I soon came to realize that there was an abundance of these, and that they where not all
    born equal. Most charts where a mess no clear trend Bullish signals at the top of a daily swing high, etc.

I made a few mistakes in my analysis I, I identified a great bullish engulfing on a bullish DAILY chart showing swing Low ,High Hl HH then a pull back what I had
    failed to appreciate was the bigger picture the bearish swing patterns on the WEEKLY TIME FRAME. Putting things into perspective the daily move was merely a pull back
    on the WEEKLY down trend . So the real market was Bearish not bullish according to the daily pattern. Of course when the daily price hits the WEEKLY trend line or
    a weekly S&R zone price then resumes its down trend.

What I came to realize was that the :

No 1 priority is to identify the underlying trend for your time frame mine is EOD as it is this momentum that will make the difference
    beween a depleting acc and a swelling acc. This done by marking the weekly swing 3 bar reversal HHs HLs or LLs LHs. as the case may be, then picking the
    ones that have a decent price difference between the HHs or LLs. Check the angle of the trend 45 degrees is ok and the percentage gain/decrease of
    price from the start of the movement to the end in case of only a few swings. Avoid shallow angled trends.

No 2 priority A reaction/bounce at a KEY WEEKLY support and res zone with mutiple hits. Weekly is the higher time frame as I am looking for a daily signal.

No 3 Confuence of a Monthly Pivot Point/ and or monthly buy/sell zone and or fib level at this weekly S&R Zone.

No 4 The quality of the actual reversal signal, bar combo.

No 5 Was the bounce off or over trend line

I am not suggesting that I have discovered any thing new, Its a matter of putting things into perspective
    and realizing what matters most.

This is all work in progress I am learning like you to hone my trading skills seeing what works and what does not.
    No doubt failed and winning trades will arise from great set ups and poor alike,

I wellcome all comments

For Example as a minimum to trade Longs I would accept a L followed by a H followed by a HL followed by a HH, I would trade the pull back at the 50% or 62% fib To Key weekly R&S and ideally prev HH. I would want to trade from a minimum of a daily rejection or reversal candle but better still a 2 day bullish signal like a Bullish engulfing, indicating rejection at a place of WEEKLY MULTIPLE R&S . I want to see a decent price change between The H and HH and L and HL. The ideal pattern is L, H, HL, HH, HL, HH, and a bullish signal at KEY WEEKLY S&R and idealy at the same level as the prev HH or at. In addition confluence of a monthly pivot point and or fib level and weekly S&R

A short would be a weekly H, L, LH, LL, LH, LL, then a pull back to KEY Weekly S&R level, complete with a multiple bearish reversal pattern or decent pin bar or gapped up decent sized bearish candle. And confluence off a monthly pivotpoint and or fib level.

.. Alternatively an established trend with muliple HH HLs etc.

You will see charts of real trades with the above marked weekly swings and a short summery of
    the reason for the trade confluence etc.

Regards

Mark

Last edited by matk on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Badger1
    Badger1
    Admin

My trading plan  EOD PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER   Empty Re: My trading plan EOD PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

Post  Badger1 Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:01 am

Mark

Congratulations on your realisations and formation of a trading plan.
    Looking forward to following how things progress.

Badge

matk

My trading plan  EOD PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER   Empty Re: My trading plan EOD PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

Post  matk Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Badge

Thanks for your response, I have yet to write up part 2
    ie My trade management rules of entry, rules of exit, taking money
    off the table, letting part run and stop loss management, some of these areas
    are new to me , however I have some ideas.

regards
    Wig
    Wig

Post  Wig Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi Matk,
    Sounds like a robust trading plan - great to see!

I read somewhere that if you can't write your trading method down for someone, you dont' have one... not sure how true that is but I believe its a great base to build from.

Re your method - by getting in on first pullback after H -L HH HL effectively you are looking to catch a bias change as early as possible and get in at the start of a new trend? Or is this primarily to confirm that the direction you are trading in is indeed with trend?

cheers,
    Wig
    matk

Post  matk Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Wig

Thanks for your interest, I shall be expanding on my written plan to cover stops , entry typs,
    and trade management. i believe I have the basics, its a matter of me tweaking and improving and practice.

re your question the answer is both, to confirm trend and get in early, I am thinking of spliting my
    trade in two ie take 75% off the table at the first major S&R. Place stopp at BE and leave the rest to run
    moving the stop after price has broken pre determined weekly S&R.

Regards Mark

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:48 pm