Eyeballthecharts

This forum is for the time being just for a small private group of traders

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Eyeballthecharts

This forum is for the time being just for a small private group of traders

Eyeballthecharts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eyeballthecharts

A small group of traders with big ideas

EUR/GBP- Sell *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*

fxtrades

EUR/GBP- Sell *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Empty EUR/GBP- Sell *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*

Post  fxtrades Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Below is an hourly chart of EUR/GBP.

Reason for trade: Trading short off daily 0.8529 level. Entry was taken just short of the S/R level (in green) at the first hourly pin following the sharp hourly rise. Unfortunately this pin was not the top and hopefully the following bars have been! I had my stop above the S/R level rather than the pin at 0.8533, therefore avoided being taken out.

First red line is entry price. Second red line is first target for 1/2 fill or stop to BE.

Entry 0.8509.

This trade raises many questions:

1) Should I have set a sell order at the 0.8529 level instead of waiting for confirmation? If so what stop would you use?

2) If price does not quite reach an S/R level, should an entry be taken if a reversal pattern (pin etc) is seen before a level is reached if we are very close?

3) What action should we take if we get to next near term S/R level for 1:1 R:R?

1 - Do nothing and aim for next S/R level?
    2 - Move stop to BE and continue trade to next S/R level?
    3 - Close half position for a risk free trade and aim for next S/R level.
    4 - Close half position and move stop to BE?
    5 - None of the above?? Smile

Any thoughts appreciated!

EUR/GBP- Sell *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Eurgbp10

Last edited by fxtrades on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    fxtrades

EUR/GBP- Sell *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Empty Re: EUR/GBP- Sell *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*

Post  fxtrades Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:12 am

All these questions above still hold true, however were irrelevant for this trade as I was shortly stopped out for -1 R:R.

Again this is a prime example of how entering on a touch of the SR would have meant a stop to break even or even a partial close out could have been taken at +25 pips.

EUR/GBP- Sell *Trade Closed -1.0 R:R*    Eurgbp10

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 pm